We look forward to welcoming you to Easter Airfield, if you’re planning to fly to or from our Airfield, please check out the
pilot information below. Remember, this information may change so please ensure that you have the most up-to-date information each time you fly.
Radar service is available from Inverness Approach on 122.605. Due to the mixture of commercial , rescue and GA traffic
in the area, we strongly recommend contacting Inverness when within 20 miles of the Inverness ATZ.
When Tain Range is not operational, use SAFETYCOM (135.480). If unfamiliar with the use of SAFETYCOM, please consult CAP413. There are several airfields in the vicinitiy operating SAFETYCOM and pilots should attach "EASTER TRAFFIC' to
all RTF transmissions when using Easter Airfield.
Noise abatement, weekday circuits (When Tain Range operational)
- Obtain PPR by calling 07967 715 304.
- Telephone Tain Duty Controller on 01862 894164 (direct) or 01862-892185 (switchboard). Request a range briefing to conincide with your ETA.
- Route to Easter entry/exit lane at Nigg Bay, hold outside D703.
- Establish two-way with Tain Range 122.750. Comply with their instrtuctions.
- Depending on wind, position for straight in approach 06 or join downwind LH for 24.
- Transmit as having landed when on ground at Easter.
- Telephone Tain Duty Controller on 01862 894164 (direct) or 01862-892185 (switchboard). Request a range briefing to conincide with your ETD.
- After power checks complete, call Tain Range on 122.750 for a departure clearance. Do not commence take off roll until 2 way communications established.
- Depart via Easter entry/exit lane at Nigg Bay in accordance with noise abatement chart above.
Note : Circuits are not permitted at Easter Airfield during Tain Range operating hours.
Noise abatement, Weekend circuits (or when Tain Range not operational)